Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Does anybody know why the skin is peeling back by my fingernails?

Ok, well basically the skin by my fingernails is dry and peeling back, leaving it sore and red. It's been like this for a while now but just recently it's got worse %26amp; really annoying me. The question is, does anybody know what it is, and how I can get rid of it?!Does anybody know why the skin is peeling back by my fingernails?
It could be from bacteria that gets in from your nail and under your skin. I had this for years, and it only went away when I would stop biting my nails and leave them to grow, and just trim or file them. It should also help to put a little tea tree oil on the areas and put band aids on them. You could just do this at bed time, and no biting!Does anybody know why the skin is peeling back by my fingernails?
When I was a little gal, I had this problem too...but eating a balanced diet (lots of fresh fruits and veggies) helped me have healthy skin and nails. You gotta drink water, eat lots of proteins, take multivitamin capsules. Treat your hands gently, wear rubber gloves while cleaning dishes or surfaces, avoid acetone/nail polish/harsh manicures for a while, wash them with lukewarm salt water and immediately wipe and moisturize with medicated (cortisones-for reducing pain and inflammation) hand lotions (go for non-alcohol/unscented ones). Deficiency of vitamins is generally the biggest cause. Hope you get better.
welllcan be fungus...can be detergent....best to see dermo doc and see...........
drink more water and try to keep your skin moisturized. Also certain activites like digging in the dirt could simply cause local trauma that will simply need to heal...but misturizers will help that to.

No comments:

Post a Comment