Sunday, August 1, 2010

How to stop biting your fingernails?

I have a nasty habbit of biting please help?How to stop biting your fingernails?
You just have to consciously make yourself stop. All the icky stuff you can put on your fingers won't make a bit of difference if you don't make an effort to break the habit. Think long and hard about how ugly your hands must look to other people and how ridiculous you look with your fingers in your mouth and just become more aware of yourself (not always a good thing, but in this case it definitely is). I don't mean to insult you, but sometimes that's what it takes to make people change. Good luck! Hope you can kick the habit!How to stop biting your fingernails?
This is nasty ';tick'; that usually comes from people having nothing to do with their hands or being nervous. Best ways to get rid of nasty habits like this one is to find something constructive to supplement it with. For example, get some chewing gum. It's going to take some time re-train your brain to not want to do it all the time, but I managed to stop doing it with gum, carrot sticks and stuff like that. Just make sure that your substitute is something that is more healthy than what you are replacing it with
I have one friend whose age is 25 but he now also bite the nails and eat the skin around the nails and feel very happy. He was doing this job from his early age,





The only way to get avoid is to put one bitter paste on the nails,when ever the person bites he feel it bitter when he does like this for few days this is one of the method which our uncle has done for my cousin.





Now he stopped biting nails for that u need to consult a doctor and get it done.
Walmart (and lots of other places) sell this really bad tasting stuff you can paint on like nail polish ( don't worry, it doesn't show.) It has a strong taste, and the thing is, it is just too gross to chew on. The other part of the idea is that you chew subconsciously, and this taste makes you notice that your nails are in your mouth. Good luck!
I stopped biting my nails a few years ago. It took a little bit of will power, but I did it like this:





I started out with one finger on one hand. I told myself that I would never bite that nail again. A week later I added another finger. Then another the following week. In 10 weeks I was done, and was able to stick to it!
At your local pharmacy they sell non-colored nail polish that tastes really disgusting and bitter. If you apply it to your nails, the taste of it will deter you from biting. This is the only suggestion I can give you.
i bit my nails til the age of 19, then i went on holiday that year and i relaxed so much that i stopped. I didn't even notice until i got back that i had! I haven't bitten them since (i'm now 25!)
There are many lotions you can put on your hands that taste terrible. Not only will you stop biting your nails, your hands will be in better condition.
well then start a new habbit thats less annoying and nasty like twirling your hair or somethin.
put tabasco on your fingers and i bet you will stop biting your fingernails
cut your fingers off. simples.

No comments:

Post a Comment