Sunday, August 1, 2010

What is your tip for avoiding soil getting under your fingernails, and will scraping soap or beeswax under...?

...your nails before you venture into the garden, do the trick?What is your tip for avoiding soil getting under your fingernails, and will scraping soap or beeswax under...?
Gloves is the best way, but I hate wearing them. If you have a bar of soap that is softish (leave it soak for a bit) then dig your nails into it. Of course you still have to clean them afterwards but a good brushing soon cleans them and they do not become so obstinately filthy looking.What is your tip for avoiding soil getting under your fingernails, and will scraping soap or beeswax under...?
I enjoy soil under my fingernails - I can't wear gloves because I want to feel the soil when I work with it. People who touch soil on a regular basis (gardener or soil pervert) are in general much healthier than those who do not.


I have a nail brush and a pointed thing I use to clean them when I am headed out afterwards - I try not to clean them on my front teeth in public though, it makes people squirm. (Do you think if they knew it was partly processed compost and not soil they would feel better - or worse? LOL)


Hey - I'm robust in sun or shade and have no insects or pests,so it must be working!
Use your time in the garden to soften your hands. Before I go out I put hand lotion on, scrape a bar of superfatted soap with my fingernails and put on leather gloves. I still get my hands dirty, but they are easy to clean with a brush and I always reapply the hand lotion after I wash up. Nothing dries your hands like dirt combined with constant washing!
I've used soap under mine before, but you still have scrape the soap out and use a nail brush to get them clean, so using nothing under the nails is really easier..........
wear gardening gloves thats all i can think of and no beeswax will not work because the soil wil stick to it but maybe soap im not sure
Gloves
Gloves then yes a good brush to get what you have under there
wear gardening gloves.
gloves
I would wear gloves.
wear gloves or put tape over them.
send the wife out there

No comments:

Post a Comment