Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is it acceptable to cut fingernails in public?

I ride a train to work every morning and see the same people. The same woman cuts her nails on the train often. She lets the clippings just fall on the floor. It doesn't seem to bother anyone else. Is it just me or is this gross?Is it acceptable to cut fingernails in public?
That's disgusting.. . I would take away her scissors.. I would tell her I find that not very nice to have to watch.. she must have 5 minutes of time at the weekend to do this at home... only a manicurist should do that.. or I can understand if someone ''snags'' one fingernail and they get out a nailfile to file it straight... but not to cut them and throw the clippings on the floor.. I would not sit where she is sitting.. that is not what I would want to see first thing in the morning... I would find another place on this darn train.. it must be longer than this.. just becaus you see her every morning I would not sit near her every morning.. or I would be the kind of person who would steal her nail clippers or her scissors and run...Is it acceptable to cut fingernails in public?
The only time I would think it acceptable to clip a (one) nail in public is if a nail broke and it was so uncomfortable or dangerous that clipping it off is the only remedy to keep from injuring oneself or someone else.





I worked with a man for many years and at least once a week he took his shoes off and clipped his toenails in his office. The sound echoed throughout the entire office suite. It was beyond gross and disturbing, so I certainly sympathize with your predicament.
I know a couple people who are bothered by it, but people clip their nails anywhere and everywhere, and most of the time no one cares or notices...I think it's natural and common to be grossed out, but I've seen people cut their nails in public, and no one seems to notice or find it really disturbing..
~~It is rude to take care of personal hygiene in public. I watched a guy clean his fingernails while I was in a waiting room at my doctor's office. It was disgusting. To top it off, his wife was crunching so loudly on a cup of ice, it graded on my nerves.





Nope, I prefer people chewing with their mouth closed and taking care of grooming in their own home. It's disgusting to see stuff falling off people-YUK!
It is a practice of personal grooming that should be done in the privacy of the bathroom, like all personal grooming is done.





It's not just you, it is gross to clip fingernails in public .... most people have become desensitized to private matters being displayed in public.
No its not acceptable this is considered a part of personal grooming,not a public display.She is very rude.
Its gross and unacceptable. Its not just you.
I think it's gross! even at home me or my kids cut fingernails over the garbage or toilet. I don't think I would set next to her either.
i wouldn't really call it gross but what people do in the bathroom should never be done in public. most people don't shave their legs in public, etc.
it doesnt show many manners or respect for others. it should be done at home when you are alone.
Yes, that's quite gross.





No, it's not just you.
That is gross.
NOT acceptable. I've seen it a lot too, but this is so gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment