Saturday, August 21, 2010

On my fingernails, there are these areas that are white. Can someone tell me what it is?

My whole fingernail is not white, its just a little area that is white.On my fingernails, there are these areas that are white. Can someone tell me what it is?
When you bump your fingernails against something, like cupboard door, when shutting, or maybe a shelf when reaching it creates these spots on nails, they are damage to the nail bed, like bruises on the skin.On my fingernails, there are these areas that are white. Can someone tell me what it is?
Medically speaking, those little white marks that sometimes appear as dots or lines on the fingernail are known as leukonychia. There are several possible causes for the discoloration, but the most common are mild trauma, a fungal infection, skin conditions, or nutritional deficiencies.
These are leukonychia punctata, which basically means small white spots. These frequently will show up in nail plates after mild trauma to the nail matrix (where the nail is made) and actually represent small air pockets in the nail plate. They are insignificant, as far as your health is concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment