Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is there any truth that drinking Knox gelatin will help you grow stronger fingernails?

If not could any one give some ideas that work? I seems lately that my fingernails are very brittle.Is there any truth that drinking Knox gelatin will help you grow stronger fingernails?
well, MAYBE... if your only problem is a lack of keratin. But the nails often give a hint about what is happening in other parts of the body. (for example: lengthwise grooves or ridges may indicate a kidney disorder or an iron deficiency.) Brittle nails can be caused by one or more of the following: lack of vitamin A %26amp; calcium; lack of hydrochloric acid; insifficient MSM (organic sulfer); circulation problems; thyroid problems; kidney problems.


AND, there may be a cause to the cause; i.e., an excess of some medications can cause poorly functioning thyroid.. The human body is amazing in its complexity. It'd be worth you while, I think, to have a good dermatologist check it out.Is there any truth that drinking Knox gelatin will help you grow stronger fingernails?
It may help, but of much more use is vitaman e oil or cuticle cream;
prenatal vitamins help your nails and hair grow healthier. and yes you can take them without being pregnant
Nope, that gelatin thing has been debunked. Does not work. Brittle nails are from living in dry climate...and worse in winter. I moved from very dry climate to Mexico where there is a lot more humidity and my nails stopped breaking. I believe there are some lotions that help...check Avon products.
Jello a couple of times a month will give you what you want. I don't know why it works. I've eaten jello for years to improve my finger nails. When I stop eating jello the nails get rough and brittle.
nope... but you will bounce a lot
No, there's no truth to it. All you can do is be sure you eat a balanced diet including proper percentages of the four food groups and keep your nails trimmed and clean.
Yes. Gelatin is made from horse %26amp; pig hoofs; basically...fingernails of animals. It's the same basic stuff human nails are made of, so...yup! It does help.


Vitamin A also helps strengthen them.
Gelatin of any brand will strengthen your fingernail tissue.
I know of people who swear by it, but they would mix the dry gelatin in warm water and soak their hands in it, not drink it. I've never tried it, I gave up on my natural nails years ago!! If you want to try it, I don't see what it could hurt. But you don't have to drink Knox gelatin, you can buy gelatin capsules at almost any health food store, or you may check your local pharmacy. If they don't have it they might be able to order it for you Let me know if it works, I may have to try it myself.
Doesn't sound right to me.
brittle nails are usually caused by inadequate hydration, suggest you drink a lot more water than you are or have been.
Gelatin is ground up keratin. Keratin is what your nails, and hair are made of. It's also what horse and cow hooves, pig hooves, antlers, horns, rhino horns, and countless other things are made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment